Eastman Employment Services (EES) offers employment assistance to people with barriers to employment. Such barriers may include hidden and visible disabilities and/or a predisposition to having difficulty finding and maintaining employment. Services are provided to those in South East Manitoba that are unemployed or underemployed and are motivated to seek employment.
Our Employment Facilitators use their networking skills to help you access the job market, develop necessary employment skills, and maintain meaningful, paid employment in the community.
Experienced Employment Facilitators will assist you in the following:
- assessing your skills and interests
- creating a resume that fits you and your career interests
- preparing cover letters for job applications
- improving your interview skills
- training on-the-job or in a classroom setting
- supporting you once you have become employed, either in-person or behind-the-scenes
- developing an action plan to obtain your career goals
Once a job is located, we work to support both you and your employer through consultations, creating accommodations, sharing resources, and on-going communication and support. This process is altered to fit you and your passions. This may include assistance from not just our Employment Facilitators, but our Job Coaches as well. Our Job Coaches help you get settled in your new position and offer an extra set of eyes and hands with extensive workplace experience and training.